Croatian Pharmacopoeia Commission
With the aim of establishing a close co-operation between the National Pharmacopoeia Authority in Croatia (NPA) and users of Pharmacopoeia in Croatia, other NPAs, European Pharmacopoeia Commission (Ph. Eur. Commission), its expert groups and working bodies, HALMED has established a Pharmacopoeia Commission of the Agency for Medicinal Products and Medical Devices (HRF Commission), which held its first meeting on 15 October 2014.
The Commission is an expert, impartial and independent body functioning within the framework of its tasks. The President of the Commission and Commission members are obliged to act in an unbiased manner and must not have a conflict of interest, which means that they should not have any financial or any other interest in pharmaceutical industry that may influence their impartiality, which is supported by a written declaration.
The Commission meets regularly four times a year, but may meet more often, if judged to be necessary by the President of the Commission. The Schedule of the Commission's meetings is available here.
Tasks of the Croatian Pharmacopoeia Commission
- participation in interpretation, education and assistance in implementing requests of the Ph. Eur. in all aspects of pharmacy in Croatia
- discussion and, depending on the need, provision of scientific opinions on texts/articles/monographs of the European Pharmacopoeia which are in the preparation/revision phase or need correction
- collection of proposals for creation of new, or revisions/corrections of existing texts/articles/monographs forwarded via the NPA and the delegation to the Ph. Eur. Commission
- assistance to the NPA in providing answers to queries of the Commission/expert groups/working bodies of the Ph. Eur.
- participation in laboratory testing or organisation of laboratory tasks implementation set by the Commission/expert groups/working bodies of the Ph. Eur. with experts from scientific bodies and working groups
- proposals and participation in the creation/review of texts/articles/monographs of the Croatian Pharmacopoeia
- assistance to colleagues in the implementation of the European Pharmacopoeia.
Permanent members of the Croatian Pharmacopoeia Commission, in addition to appointed representatives of HALMED's Pharmacopoeia Office, are representatives of the wide spectrum of pharmacy in Croatia:
- President of the Commission: Planinka Jakšić, M.Pharm., M.Sc., Spec.
- Deputy to the President of the Commission: Goran Benković, M.Pharm.
- Community pharmacies: Anita Čorić, M.Pharm., M.Sc.
- Hospital pharmacies: Davorka Jakšić, M.Pharm.
- Herbal medicinal products: Neven Milčić, M.Pharm.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing: Tina Šoštarić, M.Pharm.
- Industrial pharmaceutical control: Igor Kalčić, M.Pharm., M.Sc.
- Wholesales: Maria Luise Stričak, M.Pharm.
- Pharmaceutical analysis: Prof. Biljana Nigović, M. Pharm., Ph.D.
- Medicinal products for veterinary use: Svjetlana Terzić, DVM, Ph.D.
Depending on the need, it is foreseen that representatives from other areas of activity can also be invited to co-operate at meetings of the Croatian Pharmacopoeia Commission.